Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Creativity and New Media


The beginning stages of creating my MyPLAYER
My finished product in action
Here is an example of how new media fosters creativity. In this virtual world of NBA 2K15, I was able to create a whole new identity using the features provided in MyPLAYER. It allowed me to customize and make a unique character just for me to use in my very own story line, giving a glimpse of what it's like to make it in the NBA. There are many options to customize such as hairstyle, accessories, height, weight, eyes, shoes, tattoos, voice, etc. With this new identity, I'm able to communicate and play against others in this virtual world. On top of that, seeing other people's characters along with actual real life NBA players sometimes also gives me ideas on how to make changes to my character, fostering creativity within the virtual world.

4 comments:

  1. This is really cool to provide a unique personality to a game that is something other than "standard"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not big on video games, so I had no idea this was possible. But it is pretty cool how you can customize your own players. I wanted to ask though, if you were to make your player really tall, would it give you an advantage over others?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This game series had come a long way, this must be something new because you were never able to customize your own characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool and it just shows you the depths of our innovation in technology and how over a 15 year span, the 2K franchise has grown to where you can personalize almost every aspect of your character. There is still room to grow though seeing as there are many aspects that go into a persons proficiency in basket and as technology becomes greater we will be able to develop and personalize more aspects of user-created players.

    ReplyDelete